Online Retail – Conversion Improvement
BRW Fast 100 Online Retailer LatestBuy.com.au Boosts Sales By 45.3%
Revenue had flatlined… Now it is up by 45%, with over 80% of that due to conversion rate optimisation.
After appearing in the BRW Fast 100 list of fastest-growing Australian companies and consistently ranking in the Hitwise Top 10 for their category, LatestBuy.com.au knows a thing or two about selling on the internet.
Yet as is common after a series of growth spurts, owners Shaun and Darren Campbell began to see sales level off, until there was little to no growth in traffic and conversion metrics.
And with in-house resources fully utilised, they were looking for an external party who could bring value to future marketing priorities.
- Boost sales conversion rate in order to increase sales without spending more on traffic.
- Revisit the underperforming Pay Per Click channel to increase sales from paid search.
- Re-ignite double-digit growth in the business.
How the objectives were achieved
- Reviewed site analytics to identify areas of under-performance and opportunity.
- Conducted a thorough website conversion review and made specific conversion improvement recommendations.
- Redesigned website in line with conversion recommendations.
- Reviewed shopping cart and checkout process and facilitated implementation of recommendations.
- Rebuilt Google AdWords account: added adgroups, keywords, ads – and reduced wasted clicks through precise keyword research and addition of negative keywords.
- Revenue increased by 45.3% on a seasonally-adjusted basis (i.e. controlling for the effects of the Christmas season).
- Site conversion rate increased by 37.7% within 3 months (seasonally adjusted).
- Internal resources freed up to deal with other priorities in the business.
LatestBuy.com.au Co-Owner Shaun Campbell says…
“45% Revenue Growth Achieved In 3 Months, Without Taxing Our In-House Resources”
“Although the business has grown well over the years, we reached a point where revenue was flat-lining. With in-house resources fully utilised, we felt an external party would bring value to future marketing priorities.
After reading about Marketing Results in the Secrets of Internet Entrepreneurs Exposed book, we contacted them to see what they could offer.
Following a good initial discussion and introductory session via phone, we were supplied with a 3-month action plan that was well-aligned with our own objectives. In addition, we could not find negative reviews online about Marketing Results, only positive recommendations.
The results of our project have exceeded our expectations. Revenue is up by 45%, with over 80% of that gain due to conversion rate improvement (i.e more sales from the same traffic).
All in all, Marketing Results has more than delivered on our bottom-line objectives, without taxing our in-house resources.”
This marketing case study has been approved by